Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 14 of 15  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page « 111 12 13 14 15 »
Wolfman
Post subject: Re: North Carolina class battleshipPosted: July 7th, 2014, 2:30 pm
Very nice, Colo!

[Profile] [Quote]
signal
Post subject: Re: North Carolina class battleshipPosted: July 7th, 2014, 9:47 pm
These drawings are wonderful! I have several books on U.S.N. "fast" battleships
(Washington, N. Carolina, & S.Dakota class) and the published illustrations are
really not as good as yours.

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: North Carolina class battleshipPosted: July 9th, 2014, 5:09 pm
Colo, certainly not trying to nitpick, but the
Kingfisher, on the '41 version of BB-55, shouldn't it have rudder stripes?

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: North Carolina class battleshipPosted: July 9th, 2014, 5:13 pm
The illustration I used as an example came from a Squadron/Signal book (US Navy Floatplanes in action), and the plane does not have the rudder stripes. Admittedly I'm not an expert on the floatplane colorations so I could be wrong... show me some definitive proof and I'll fix it. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Wolfman
Post subject: Re: North Carolina class battleshipPosted: July 9th, 2014, 5:41 pm
Colosseum wrote:
The illustration I used as an example came from a Squadron/Signal book (US Navy Floatplanes in action), and the plane does not have the rudder stripes. Admittedly I'm not an expert on the floatplane colorations so I could be wrong... show me some definitive proof and I'll fix it. ;)
Hey, I've got a copy of that book!

[Profile] [Quote]
nighthunter
Post subject: Re: North Carolina class battleshipPosted: July 9th, 2014, 6:35 pm
Wolfman wrote:
Colosseum wrote:
LOL! So do I!

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: North Carolina class battleshipPosted: July 9th, 2014, 6:38 pm
nighthunter wrote:
Wolfman wrote:
Colosseum wrote:
LOL! So do I!
Well... I have internett!

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: North Carolina class battleshipPosted: July 12th, 2014, 5:13 am
Cool story guys... do you have any useful commentary on whether or not the tail stripes should be present? Information on BB-55's air group is admittedly pretty scarce and I only included a floatplane on the catapult because I happened to find an example of the Kingfisher paint scheme that matched the timeframe displayed. The same publication also mentions that BB-55's aircraft were not attached to any particular VO (observation) squadron, but that they were just assigned to the ship... I found this interesting, but as always could not find any additional information on it anywhere on the internet, and I have no books that would help validate the claim...

[Profile] [Quote]
Wolfman
Post subject: Re: North Carolina class battleshipPosted: July 18th, 2014, 3:08 pm
Okay, Colo, according to Squadron/Signal's OS2U Kingfisher in action the OS2U-2 Kingfishers assigned to USS North Carolina were overall light grey with white lettering 12" tall, with no mention of rudder stripes.

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: North Carolina class battleshipPosted: July 18th, 2014, 6:19 pm
Excellent work!

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 14 of 15  [ 150 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 111 12 13 14 15 »

Jump to: