Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 14 of 27  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page « 112 13 14 15 1627 »
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 16th, 2014, 1:17 pm
Karle have you been to Real Designs today? Either my settings are screwed up or they've changed the format.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 16th, 2014, 1:52 pm
You mean like this?

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 16th, 2014, 2:53 pm
The armor belt on the two ships should be identical. That means no curved front, nor the grey line above. that extends on fron of the armor belt. The grey lines around the portholes should not be that long. This image should help: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93982636/01445y.jpg

Also of note, the 1921 Tennessee did not have liferafts on the turrets. The 1921 had black and white measurement thingy painted on the B and Y turrets, like this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/939 ... na1925.png

[Profile] [Quote]
Syzmo
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 16th, 2014, 4:05 pm
This has really come a long way, keep it up!

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." Thomas Edward Lawrence, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 16th, 2014, 7:12 pm
Karle94 wrote:
The armor belt on the two ships should be identical. That means no curved front, nor the grey line above. that extends on fron of the armor belt. The grey lines around the portholes should not be that long. This image should help: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93982636/01445y.jpg

Also of note, the 1921 Tennessee did not have liferafts on the turrets. The 1921 had black and white measurement thingy painted on the B and Y turrets, like this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/939 ... na1925.png
The black and white measurement thingys are called Declination Marks;they were used so that following ships could calculate the observed ship's angle of fire. They kind of muddy the darwing though.

I'll fix the armor belt.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 16th, 2014, 7:26 pm
Sorry about the declination mark comment . . . I couldn't resist being a smart ass.

Here she is again.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 16th, 2014, 8:14 pm
The grey lines around the portholes are still too long. it should end almost exactly at the inward angle of the A turret. And you should add a torpedo tube near the forward end of the armor belt.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 16th, 2014, 8:27 pm
Got yah.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 16th, 2014, 8:37 pm
I sortened the gray lines and added the 21" torpedo tube.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 16th, 2014, 8:58 pm
The end of the gray line should be two portholes aft.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 14 of 27  [ 265 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 112 13 14 15 1627 »

Jump to: