Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 13 of 15  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page « 111 12 13 14 15 »
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: North Carolina class battleshipPosted: July 6th, 2014, 3:49 pm
That's the insignia... which signal had already pointed out, and I was well-aware of from my own study... I was looking for the actual camouflage coloring for the plane itself.

Please to be serious Colombamike

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: North Carolina class battleshipPosted: July 6th, 2014, 3:57 pm
Colosseum wrote:
:lol:
The main problem with the US aircraft markings by late 1941-mid 1943 is that these markings change every trimesters.
So if you want to draw various US ships during 1941-1943, you need not to forgotten this "aircrafts markings details changing"

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: North Carolina class battleshipPosted: July 6th, 2014, 3:59 pm
Colombamike wrote:
Colosseum wrote:
:lol:
The main problem with the US aircraft markings by late 1941-mid 1943 is that these markings change every trimesters.
So if you want to draw various US ships during 1941-1943, you need not to forgotten this "aircrafts markings details changing"
you are correcting his choice of aircraft colour, so better do it good then :P for each year, you have 3 options (as it changes every trimester) so it should not be too difficult to point out one, right?

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: North Carolina class battleshipPosted: July 6th, 2014, 4:01 pm
Yes, I know. :P :) I'm just giving you a hard time. If you can find a "basic" guide to get the right coloration I will correct it. I usually search here: http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/h/947/3/0#1 but can't find any that I think would be relevant.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: North Carolina class battleshipPosted: July 6th, 2014, 4:27 pm
Colombamike wrote:
[ img ]
Colosseum wrote:
Regarding the MG fit, I'll need to also see more conclusive evidence of that to make any changes. I don't mind fixing the fit on the Washington, but a photo of Washington does not mean the North Carolina had the same fit. The .50-caliber MGs were very easy for the crew to move around so I think it's a bit of a foregone conclusion to ever expect to get this aspect of the drawing "perfect".
I disagree with you Colo
You do not follow, even with photos evidence, you're crazy :shock: (really)
(if with 29 may 1941 Washington pics you don't fix the MG position, you're crazy :roll: )

You are wrong
Obviously the 0,5" MGs are light & easily moving (MG gun man-portable)
But at the same time, the support is not hyper movable

(sailors can not move the MG mount (MG + support) a few meters very easily, this is not as simple as you can imagine)

But what you do not understand is that their positions are dictated by the deck-space & AA arc of fire
(despite what you think, the 0.5" MGs can not be installed throughout the ship, same for 20 or 40mm guns, obviously)

Do what you want
but if you keep this MGs disposition, your drawing is false/wrong (pics evidence !!!)

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: North Carolina class battleshipPosted: July 6th, 2014, 4:29 pm
... I said I was going to fix the fit of the BB-56 drawing (currently doing that now) - but until you find me photographic evidence of the MG disposition aboard BB-55, I am not going to change that drawing.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: North Carolina class battleshipPosted: July 6th, 2014, 4:35 pm
OK, have updated the MG fit on the BB-56 drawing whilst I await better evidence of a different MG fit aboard BB-55 from Colombamike:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: North Carolina class battleshipPosted: July 6th, 2014, 4:42 pm
Nice work!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: North Carolina class battleshipPosted: July 6th, 2014, 5:24 pm
Went ahead and added a Kingfisher to the 1941 version of BB-55, and corrected the insignia on the 1942 aircraft. BB-55 had three OS2U-2 Kingfisher floatplanes assigned to VO-6 (Battleship Observation Squadron 6), painted in overall nonspecular grey with "NORTH CAROLINA" on the fuselage in white. I initially chose not to show any aircraft as the shakedown photos don't show any present, but I like the effect.

[ img ]

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: North Carolina class battleshipPosted: July 6th, 2014, 5:33 pm
Nice work!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 13 of 15  [ 150 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 111 12 13 14 15 »

Jump to: