Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 13 of 27  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page « 111 12 13 14 1527 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 15th, 2014, 8:06 pm
the rafts on the turrets are right now close to symmetric, which they cannot be unless they have no depth?

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 15th, 2014, 8:32 pm
Good call, I'll work on it.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 15th, 2014, 9:15 pm
How are the rafts now?

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 15th, 2014, 9:33 pm
Now I'm unvailing the USS Tennessee as she appeared in 1935.

1. The 3in guns on the 0-2 deck have been replaced with 5in/25cal guns.

2. An aircraft handling crane and catapult have been installed on her stern along with a catapult atop turret #3.

3. A boom crane was added along side turrer #3.

4. Bridge and conning tower superstructure continue to evolve.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 15th, 2014, 11:20 pm
You should probably put the date after the name of the ship in the template, that way, we won`t have to look at the comments to know whitch date it is. Also, you should look at my Colorado for the correct armor belt, and to get the grey lines that surround the lower rows of portholes.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 16th, 2014, 12:51 am
Thanks For all of your help karle, I couldn't have gotten this far along without your help and guidance.

David

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 16th, 2014, 1:12 am
As a contributing member here, it is my job to help those that want to further their knowledge and drawing skills.

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 16th, 2014, 1:28 am
haven't been following this topic so much, but:

there are shading area that could have been improved, for example when you shade for an round area, the shading have to be done a bit different than when shading and flat area. for example shading under conning tower, make it looks like it is flat and not round, that same is main gun's barbette. and you also lack shading under overhang's, for shading under overhangs we have an rule of one pixel thick very dark grey and two pixel thick dark grey.

I could go in to detail in this, but there are other members around that have the time to give you some example on how to shade as good as possible. I'm a bit rule bender from time to time, so I'm not the correct person for this.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 16th, 2014, 12:14 pm
I've added the date--makes perfect sense. I've also worked on the shading especially around the barbettes and over hangs. I can't find the Colorado though. Check out the stern most port holes. Is this what you where referring to?

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Karle94
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 16th, 2014, 1:03 pm
You will find it in the real designs section under American WWI Battletubs.

Either way, here it is:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/939 ... do1923.png

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 13 of 27  [ 265 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 111 12 13 14 1527 »

Jump to: