Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 12 of 15  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page « 110 11 12 13 14 15 »
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: North Carolina class battleshipPosted: May 25th, 2014, 12:28 am
Very nice work!

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
Wolfman
Post subject: Re: North Carolina class battleshipPosted: May 28th, 2014, 8:17 pm
WOW! Just, wow! Words just cannot describe how blown away by your work, Colo. 8-)

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: North Carolina class battleshipPosted: July 6th, 2014, 6:19 am
[ img ]

Made this for my Deviant Art page... I figure it will help out the art-rippers if all of them are concentrated together. ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: North Carolina class battleshipPosted: July 6th, 2014, 6:38 am
The seaplane of the june 1942 version carry the wrong us color marking (1943-1945)

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: North Carolina class battleshipPosted: July 6th, 2014, 6:54 am
I'm disappointed that you didn't catch that during the first round of comments. ;) The drawing has been up for several weeks now... more than enough time for you to spend all your free time looking for errors... send me a reference for the correct color and I will fix it...

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: North Carolina class battleshipPosted: July 6th, 2014, 7:07 am
Fantastic!

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: North Carolina class battleshipPosted: July 6th, 2014, 8:26 am
Colosseum wrote:
I'm disappointed that you didn't catch that during the first round of comments. ;) The drawing has been up for several weeks now... more than enough time for you to spend all your free time looking for errors... send me a reference for the correct color and I will fix it...
[ img ]
Likely same problem for all US battleships drawing during 1942

and for the MGs :mrgreen:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
signal
Post subject: Re: North Carolina class battleshipPosted: July 6th, 2014, 1:36 pm
Regarding the aircraft marking, Columbiamike has himself made an
error. From May 1942 the USN and USAAF deleted the red dot/
"meatball" from the middle of the roundel. The correct marking for an
aircraft in November 1942 would be the blue roundel with just a white
star in the middle.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: North Carolina class battleshipPosted: July 6th, 2014, 3:34 pm
I need a bit more detailed information than that... find me a panel explaining the different color schemes for the different periods, then I'll have something useful to go off... official documentation from BuAer or BuShips only, please. ;)

Regarding the MG fit, I'll need to also see more conclusive evidence of that to make any changes. I don't mind fixing the fit on the Washington, but a photo of Washington does not mean the North Carolina had the same fit. The .50-caliber MGs were very easy for the crew to move around so I think it's a bit of a foregone conclusion to ever expect to get this aspect of the drawing "perfect".

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: North Carolina class battleshipPosted: July 6th, 2014, 3:44 pm
Colosseum wrote:
I need a bit more detailed information than that... find me a panel explaining the different color schemes for the different periods, then I'll have something useful to go off... official documentation from BuAer or BuShips only, please. ;)
http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq2-1.htm

Please to be serious Colo

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 12 of 15  [ 150 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 110 11 12 13 14 15 »

Jump to: