Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 12 of 27  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page « 110 11 12 13 1427 »
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 11th, 2014, 7:04 pm
Thanks for the picture. I'll see what I can do.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colombamike
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 11th, 2014, 7:39 pm
David Latuch,
PM send to you :mrgreen:

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 11th, 2014, 8:31 pm
Just recieved it. Thanks, that's just what I had in mind to do.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 11th, 2014, 8:43 pm
Syzmo wrote:
Hey its no trouble at all for me to pretend to be an expert over the internet. I'm sorry you're the one who was unfortunate enough to draw something I know enough about to tell you what needs improvement, but not enough to do it myself.

Anyway here is what I was talking about with the bulge.
[ img ]
Here's a photo of Tennessee in dry dock. As you can see there's not much if any bulge.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 11th, 2014, 8:52 pm
Thiel wrote:
I know they're a headache to draw, but you really should make the propellers three-way symmetrical. Looks good though
Thiel,

This is about the best that I can render, but its still lopsided.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 11th, 2014, 9:18 pm
How is this:
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 11th, 2014, 10:05 pm
Thanks TJ.

[Profile] [Quote]
Syzmo
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 12th, 2014, 12:28 pm
I stand corrected on the underwater hull, great use of photographic research. I that opening forward of and just below the belt an underwater torpedo tube?

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." Thomas Edward Lawrence, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 12th, 2014, 7:05 pm
Yes that's a 21" torpedo tube. Battleships of this era mounted two forwad tubes.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 15th, 2014, 11:53 am
Well, once again I believe I'm finished with the USS Tennessee (BB-43) as she looked in 1921.

Have at it and hack away.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 12 of 27  [ 265 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 110 11 12 13 1427 »

Jump to: