Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 11 of 22  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page « 19 10 11 12 1322 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine Deutschland and Scharnhorst class WIPPosted: December 20th, 2014, 8:26 am
It is absolutely a stunning work, maomatic. The admiral's pennant should be flying on the main topmast, since Adm. Gunther Lutjens was a 'Flottenchef'; i. e. fleet commander at the time. Aside from that little quirkiness, it's the best representation of, in my view, the handsomest (remember, German capital ships were masculine!) of all German Kriegsmarine units!

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine Deutschland and Scharnhorst class WIPPosted: December 20th, 2014, 11:33 am
Fantastic work! Awesome levels of detailing too.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
maomatic
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine Deutschland and Scharnhorst class WIPPosted: December 20th, 2014, 1:52 pm
Thanks for the comments!

@emperor_andreas & bezobrazov:
Thanks for pointing that out. I have accidentally postet an earlier version of the drawing, which was also missing the yellow turret tops.
They were painted yellow when entering friendly airspace prior to the arrival at Brest.
Everything should be corrected now.

@emperor_andreas:

Have a look at this threads' first page: http://www.shipbucket.com/forums/viewto ... =12&t=4933
There I have updated all of the drawings of "Gneisenau" including the one of her ( him ;) ) during Operation Cerberus.

You can find a comparison between the earlier version and my latest attempt in the "spoiler" below:
[ img ]
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
wb21
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine Deutschland and Scharnhorst class WIPPosted: December 20th, 2014, 2:57 pm
Very lovely work! :)

[Profile] [Quote]
emperor_andreas
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine Deutschland and Scharnhorst class WIPPosted: December 20th, 2014, 5:28 pm
*Facepalm* I guess I just passed right over it without seeing it. Great work on everything! What be next for you?

The Official IJN Ships & Planes List

#FJB

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine Deutschland and Scharnhorst class WIPPosted: December 21st, 2014, 12:48 am
Your corrections perfected an already virtually perfect drawing! Greatest amount of Kudos to you for your artistic accomplishment! I did, indeed, miss the absence of the yellow turrets, which is embarrassing, considering that my model of the KM Gneisenau depicts her as of during 'Operation Berlin'!
Here it could be added that her former skipper, KzS Harald Netzbandt, was one of the most skilled 'Imperial' officers in the navy, and a personal friend of the Fleet Commander, Adm. Lütjens, who chose the honest, jovial but hard working Netzbandt as his Chief of Staff during 'Operation Berlin' and for the eventually disastrous 'Operation Rheinübung', and he fell on his post when the admiral's bridge of the KM Bismarck was obliterated by a direct hit from the H.M.S. Rodney in the afternoon of May 27, 1941. KzS Otto Fein commanded the Gneisenau during the former operation.

[Profile] [Quote]
Tempest
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine Deutschland and Scharnhorst class WIPPosted: December 21st, 2014, 3:30 pm
BOOM! maomatic that's an awesome drawing I must say!

German Capital Ship Projects of The First World War

[Profile] [Quote]
Cybermax
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine Deutschland and Scharnhorst class WIPPosted: December 23rd, 2014, 12:34 am
Certainly doing this class of ship justice! Great job!

[Profile] [Quote]
apdsmith
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine Deutschland and Scharnhorst class WIPPosted: December 23rd, 2014, 10:50 pm
Once again illustrating (pun fully intended) why you've got the yellow - very nice work indeed, Maomatic!

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Kriegsmarine Deutschland and Scharnhorst class WIPPosted: December 26th, 2014, 2:06 am
Very nice... certainly puts my 2008 original to shame. ;)

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 11 of 22  [ 219 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 19 10 11 12 1322 »

Jump to: