Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 11 of 27  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page « 19 10 11 12 1327 »
Syzmo
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 10th, 2014, 1:30 pm
I can't believe how few resources I can find for this class of ship. The best reference I can show you is Colorado in Feb. 1942, the footprint of the 0-1 should be identical.

[ img ]

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." Thomas Edward Lawrence, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 10th, 2014, 3:30 pm
Thanks Syzmo. Welcome to my world. The Tennessee class changed so much and so often it's difficult to stay within a decade. Photos are rare and very grainy. Models are useless. I've prety much have the top-down and the bow views done and am working on cosmetics for the starboard view. This evening I'll begin the stern elevation. Thank God for day's off from work!

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 10th, 2014, 4:39 pm
Stop fooling around and order the plans...

http://www.floatingdrydock.com/

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 10th, 2014, 7:36 pm
Well, here is the USS Tennessee (BB-43) as she appeared in 1921.

Starboard Elevation:

[ img ]

Dorsal Elevation:

[ img ]

Bow and Stern Elevation:

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Syzmo
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 10th, 2014, 7:59 pm
Really great views, I think the underwater hull should be a little wider below the belt where the torpedo defense blisters are. I know that this class had them built in, rather than retrofitted like the earlier battleships but im not sure how pronounced it should be.

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did." Thomas Edward Lawrence, The Seven Pillars of Wisdom

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 10th, 2014, 9:26 pm
Thanks.

Just when you think you're finished . . . something else comes up.

No, really thanks Syzmo.

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 10th, 2014, 9:30 pm
I know they're a headache to draw, but you really should make the propellers three-way symmetrical. Looks good though

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
David Latuch
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 11th, 2014, 12:21 am
I thought the same thing as I was drawing them. thanks for the input though I value it.

Dave

[Profile] [Quote]
eswube
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 11th, 2014, 8:23 am
Nice work. :)

[Profile] [Quote]
Syzmo
Post subject: Re: Tennessee Class Battleship USS California (BB-44)Posted: March 11th, 2014, 1:35 pm
Hey its no trouble at all for me to pretend to be an expert over the internet. I'm sorry you're the one who was unfortunate enough to draw something I know enough about to tell you what needs improvement, but not enough to do it myself.

Anyway here is what I was talking about with the bulge.
[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 11 of 27  [ 265 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 19 10 11 12 1327 »

Jump to: