Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 4  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Hamilton class WHECPosted: July 28th, 2014, 10:06 pm
sailor82 wrote:
TJ - I think whatever function you are using is registering my paint strokes when I was cleaning up the drawing.
I did fill-alls using known white and black pixels. The large not-purple areas around the ships are areas where your white isn't FFFFFF white. It's sloppy, and easily avoided.

[Profile] [Quote]
sailor82
Post subject: Re: Hamilton class WHECPosted: July 28th, 2014, 10:41 pm
TimothyC wrote:
sailor82 wrote:
TJ - I think whatever function you are using is registering my paint strokes when I was cleaning up the drawing.
I did fill-alls using known white and black pixels. The large not-purple areas around the ships are areas where your white isn't FFFFFF white. It's sloppy, and easily avoided.
Wow kid, you are really something else. I use Paint.NET to draw, while I am not sure what program you are using, I can not recreate the conditions that you are hammering away on. To call a drawing that someone else did from scratch as sloppy is quite an insult and shows a lack of appreciation on your part.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Hamilton class WHECPosted: July 28th, 2014, 10:47 pm
as a matter of fact, TJ uses paint.net as well, and he uses this:
- paintbucket
- select tool

he selected an white area and painted all what was white in another colour, in this case pink. he did the same with red for the black parts. it is a common trick we use to check if our colours are painted correctly, and in this case they are not. the sloppyness refers to that actual defect and not to the entire drawing, and in that respect I agree with him.

[Profile] [Quote]
sailor82
Post subject: Re: Hamilton class WHECPosted: July 28th, 2014, 11:03 pm
I disagree.

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: Hamilton class WHECPosted: July 28th, 2014, 11:25 pm
Disagreeing doesn't make it better. I have done what TJ did, saved your drawing to hard drive - opened it with MS-Paint-XP, selected the fill tool and light green, and clicked the fill tool into any white section. Bingo you can see all the stray pixels around your drawing. They only need to be 1 shade off-white and they show up. You can see the few around the screw/prop area and all of the areas around the upper decks and superstructure. Fixing is not that difficult. Use the same colour (grren) and fill in all the extra 'white' space - then select the white and fill tool - click on a green area - voila all gone - to check do the green or any other colour fill tool again. All clear - all perfect.

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Hamilton class WHECPosted: July 29th, 2014, 1:06 am
sailor82 wrote:
I disagree.
Yeah, well, Ace described what I did rather accurately. While I'm not commenting on the accuracy of the drawing's lines, my point about the drawing's colors stands whether you like it or not.

[Profile] [Quote]
sailor82
Post subject: Re: Hamilton class WHECPosted: July 29th, 2014, 1:14 am
It's a detail that is not readily apparent. I could not visually tell the difference and to manipulate a program to find a detail to nitpick and call sloppy is really too much. The focus should be on getting the physical characteristics correct to accurately portray the ship that they are drawing. This usually takes a lot of research if you want to do the job correctly.

It's not what you say, but how you say it that makes all the difference. Yes it is a detail that I overlooked, honestly I wouldn't have thought to go through those extra steps, but considering the effort put into these drawings, it's really a minor detail. Especially when we are talking about a shade of white to clean up the dead space on the template.

I'm done with this ... delete my account.

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Hamilton class WHECPosted: July 29th, 2014, 2:54 am
If you are still reading, I think I know why you can't recreate what I did. Turn the tolerance down to 0% next time, and that would show the problem.

[Profile] [Quote]
Conrad
Post subject: Re: Hamilton class WHECPosted: July 29th, 2014, 4:08 am
How many portholes could you have drawn on CVAN-65 in the time it took you to drive away sailor82?

[Profile] [Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Hamilton class WHECPosted: July 29th, 2014, 6:22 am
Well thats very nice work from you guys. :x

People, Is it so easy to forget how just couple of months ago I gave really serious rantings to everyone how SB is slowly turning into a place were certain individuals missuse their assumed status and position and bullies (new) people with pendatic asshatery over indifferent details. Specially if their work by change happens to be related to certain big western navies.
I thougth back then I got my concerns very well pointed out to everyone, and everyone (including the culprints this time) to agree how such is intoleratable and needs to be cut out...
...yet here we have a fine examble of what Exactly I don't want to see on SB pages.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 4  [ 33 posts ]  Return to β€œReal Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: