Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 5  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re:Posted: September 3rd, 2012, 10:30 am
Note that I believe the same ECM is on my kongo, check that, you might be alle to copy-paste (as I did from hyuga)

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Re:Posted: September 3rd, 2012, 10:43 am
acelanceloet wrote:
Note that I believe the same ECM is on my kongo, check that, you might be alle to copy-paste (as I did from hyuga)
Thanks, problem fixed.

-Koko Kyouwakoku (Republic of Koko)
-Koko's carrier-based aircrafts of WWII
-Koko Kaiun Yuso Kaisha - KoKaYu Line (Koko AU spinoff)
-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Atago Class Guided missile Destroyer (DDG-177)Posted: September 3rd, 2012, 1:13 pm
Now it should be done. (maybe some minor details missing)

[ img ]

What remains of the original MConrad drawings are mast structures and helo platform, i also think now i have done enough modifications onto Acelanceloet parts to grant my name on it.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

Last edited by BB1987 on September 4th, 2012, 9:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Japan - Atago Class Guided missile Destroyer (DDG-177)Posted: September 3rd, 2012, 8:04 pm
few comments left:
- the mast seems to be shaded a tad dark. also, it seems to need some work, especially the topmast, which should be mostly done with pictures
- please use the new SH-60 from the kongo ;)
- the deck edge near the flight deck looks off..... I do not believe that edge is there, as the flight deck does not extend entirely to the sides of the hull. I think those double lines are originated from folded flight deck railings
- note that the round AEGIS IFF 'masthead' should, IIRC, be the same as the one on my kongo.

also,
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/63276563/7-101013100U8102.jpg
you should check this ref for accuracy with pics, but other then that, I think it should all rougly line out, and it is an good source for detail positioning.

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Atago Class Guided missile Destroyer (DDG-177)Posted: September 3rd, 2012, 9:11 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
few comments left:
- the mast seems to be shaded a tad dark. also, it seems to need some work, especially the topmast, which should be mostly done with pictures
- please use the new SH-60 from the kongo ;)
- the deck edge near the flight deck looks off..... I do not believe that edge is there, as the flight deck does not extend entirely to the sides of the hull. I think those double lines are originated from folded flight deck railings
- note that the round AEGIS IFF 'masthead' should, IIRC, be the same as the one on my kongo.
-the shades for angled surfaces are the same in the whole ship, if you are talking about overhang shades there where indeed a couple of them a bit too dark, and i have fixed them now, also checked some details at the topmast too.
-done.
-if i do not misunderstand you are talking about the dotted double line below the SH-60, that's one of the few parts left from MConrads drawing, and i retained them after looking at this picture
-i have tried, but when i pasted the SPY-1 from the Kongos the original colour disappears and is replaced by that dark shade gray you can see now, i have tried multiple times but with no avail.
acelanceloet wrote:
also,
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/63276563/7-101013100U8102.jpg
you should check this ref for accuracy with pics, but other then that, I think it should all rougly line out, and it is an good source for detail positioning.
Thanks.

updated the drawing.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Japan - Atago Class Guided missile Destroyer (DDG-177)Posted: September 3rd, 2012, 9:25 pm
that double dotted line is the bottom of the railing, and might be drawn as that.
the SPY-1 arrays.... well your decision to keep those as you want, but I was not talking about SPY-1, but about the circular crows nest in the mainmast. there is an large IFF array there, which I meant.... and on your drawing it is different from mine, IIRC, both in size and in shape
I know the shading is the same, but is the angle the same? if yes, keep it like this, if the angle is less, it is a tad dark :P that is what I am saying ;)

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Atago Class Guided missile Destroyer (DDG-177)Posted: September 3rd, 2012, 9:47 pm
My bad then, i misunderstood.
Should be fixed now.

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Japan - Atago Class Guided missile Destroyer (DDG-177)Posted: September 3rd, 2012, 9:56 pm
Hm. What program are you using?

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
BB1987
Post subject: Re: Japan - Atago Class Guided missile Destroyer (DDG-177)Posted: September 3rd, 2012, 10:01 pm
MSpaint for windows XP (and got this problem only with this drawing, probably because MConrads drawing was a GIF as you said previously).
Thanks for your fix meanwile. :)

-Koko - Civil Aviation

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Japan - Atago Class Guided missile Destroyer (DDG-177)Posted: September 3rd, 2012, 11:31 pm
Try saving as a bitmap next time and then saving as a PNG.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 5  [ 44 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: