Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 5  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Blackbuck
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: April 15th, 2011, 9:31 am
Always been fascinated by the radar array on these things they are indeed beautiful vessels.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: April 15th, 2011, 10:45 am
Thanks, Golly for your kind words! I have a desire to make the F67 class (Tourville, DuQuay-Trouin and De Grasse) if noone else has taken that class! And Heuhen, you're right, let's not forget that lone, old soldier, the Narvik. But, like you said, she's now a still museums ship, whereas the Duquesne still moves around, albeit probably not as much as she used to. And MitcheLL300: you may certainly. I shall take a closer look at it. It may, indeed help me. And any assistance in even further improving the drawings are gratefully accepted! And dear Thiel: I'll revisit all my photos of the class from all possible angles, but I believe you're mistaken aboutyour claim. But, as I said, I'll re-investigate the matter!

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: April 15th, 2011, 1:06 pm
Incredibly good work. I salute you both for making those ships.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: April 15th, 2011, 2:24 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
Ahhh...I understand you, Tim, but, it kinda looks cleaner this way. Honestly, nothing prevents you from doing it though, if you care. I don't mind! - But thanks for those very nice words! Gonna sleep well on those tonite! 8-) ;)
<Shrugs> I was under the distinct impression that missiles-on-launchers was a part of the Shipbucket Standard.

Anyway I took you up on that:

D602 Suffren

D603 Duquesne

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: April 15th, 2011, 2:28 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
Thanks, Golly for your kind words! I have a desire to make the F67 class (Tourville, DuQuay-Trouin and De Grasse) if noone else has taken that class! And Heuhen, you're right, let's not forget that lone, old soldier, the Narvik. But, like you said, she's now a still museums ship, whereas the Duquesne still moves around, albeit probably not as much as she used to. And MitcheLL300: you may certainly. I shall take a closer look at it. It may, indeed help me. And any assistance in even further improving the drawings are gratefully accepted! And dear Thiel: I'll revisit all my photos of the class from all possible angles, but I believe you're mistaken aboutyour claim. But, as I said, I'll re-investigate the matter!
I may be mistaken, but in that case, the dark grey surrounding the inner areas should be black and not dark grey.
Btw, could you ad dates/years to those drawings? It makes the drawings far more useful when it comes to comparing the ships. (Which after all it one of the core purposes with SB)

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: April 15th, 2011, 2:36 pm
C'est Magnifique! :D

A most minor quibble though, I cannot read the name on the stern :(

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: April 15th, 2011, 4:29 pm
What a cracker.I bet that radome was a pig to draw.

[Profile] [Quote]
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: April 15th, 2011, 4:45 pm
Suffren is a very interesting example of an early multi-mission ship with all the clearly deliniated equipment for all those missions (AA-missiles for anti-air, ASW missiles for ASW, and guns/missiles for anti-surface). Plus with all those huge early 2D/3D air search radars + a dome! Compare to Forbin today and all of that interesting clutter is gone :(

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: April 15th, 2011, 10:32 pm
Thanks everyone for your valuable inputs where pertinent. Thiel, I owe you an apology. You were right. THe area I did miss was the very cable drum underneath the casing! And you pointing at that area enabled me to further detail it, which I think greatly benefit the drawings. Mitch: your anchor chains indeed helped improve the overall appearance, though I could not have them in as high a position as you have drawn them. Bill: Neither can I! This is all about the pixel limitations. If you study the stern of the ships you'll realize how difficult it is to correctly depict the pennant number, when the two-thirds part of the stern where it is painted on, is curving towards the middle! I did my best, but I fear it cannot be done better with those inhibition we have! As for TimC. I did see your version with the Masurca on the rails. What wonders me is why you deleted the live (armed; white) version and only kept the practice round (blue). It was quite fitting that the practice versions should be used, by all means, but one solution could've been to leave the live one where it was!

Anyhows, images are duly updated...

[Profile] [Quote]
TimothyC
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: April 15th, 2011, 10:44 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
As for TimC. I did see your version with the Masurca on the rails. What wonders me is why you deleted the live (armed; white) version and only kept the practice round (blue). It was quite fitting that the practice versions should be used, by all means, but one solution could've been to leave the live one where it was!
:?

crap
Because the only images I could find of the white version loaded were older, so I assumed that at some point the French went from using white to using blue when they did a mod change. These are the edits:

D602 Suffren

D603 Duquesne

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 5  [ 50 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: