Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 4 of 10  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 610 »
Dima11
Post subject: Re: more French destroyersPosted: February 9th, 2013, 10:40 am
Dear Hood,
I got it from the very beginning.
What about the coincidance with the builder plan - It must be. Other wise it is a fiction.
Lets, start.
1. Please check THE PLACE of the 2 funnel. At least 0,5 metres closer to the stern. It cANT BE EXPLAINED by the lines wide.
2. Please check sidelightes places. It's easier to count not mistaken that those that are mistakes.
3. Please explain the vapor tube alongside the 1 fuhhel.

To be continued

[Profile] [Quote]
Charybdis
Post subject: Re: more French destroyersPosted: February 9th, 2013, 10:53 am
:roll:

Please! No more giant images!!! My crappy internet connection can't handle it....

Dima, I'm sure you are hungry for perfect drawing of Mogador but, as Hood says, this is shipbucket... pixel art, not line drawings. It doesn't look nice when you tell the artist to "pay attention to detail" when he obviously has, as your comparison clearly shows. :P

[Profile] [Quote]
Dima11
Post subject: Re: more French destroyersPosted: February 9th, 2013, 10:59 am
Dear Charybdis,
I will sure not abuse your disk space!
I have found a better way to show my point.
You may even cancell big images)

I've asked my self - whether the building plan would be so distored if it is of the SB scale?
[ img ]

It isn't.

[Profile] [Quote]
Dima11
Post subject: Re: more French destroyersPosted: February 9th, 2013, 11:01 am
Folks,
What you'd like better now?

[Profile] [Quote]
karlik
Post subject: Re: more French destroyersPosted: February 9th, 2013, 12:04 pm
Dima11 wrote:
Folks,
Hi!
For me, the reality in the first place!

[Profile] [Quote]
heuhen
Post subject: Re: more French destroyersPosted: February 9th, 2013, 12:09 pm
Dima11 wrote:
Folks,
I still like Garlicdesign better.

When you draw a ship in SB scale It's very difficult to get the ship perfect in places. The only way to get a drawing perfect is if we had pixels that are half as big, or the ship was drawn in FD scale.

So when I see on those drawing you are using as reference drawing and Garlicdesign. I see that Garlicdesign have managed to get the ship absolutely perfect and as close as possible in SB without making weird and ugly lines and double black line.

So my suggestion to you is we would believe you more if you started to draw ships for SB, a lot of them just like me and many other members here. First then we will believe you.... (Don't take the text bad, since I am Norwegian and this text my be lost in Translation!)

Dima11:

We at SB know how to draw a ship, and have learned that we shall never trust a drawing maid by someone else, even drawing from that shipyard that build that ship, since a ship can differ from that drawing. So when we draw a ship we use the drawing as a reference to the basic shape of a ship, But a thousand of Photos to all details that you can't see on a blueprint.

[Profile] [Quote]
Dima11
Post subject: Re: more French destroyersPosted: February 9th, 2013, 12:33 pm
Dear karlik, heuhen

Shall we count sideights?
It's PURE reality. And it is as evident as nothing more. You may judge BY EYE the whether the right way of sidelights is or not.
[ img ]
http://my.mail.ru/bk/battleships/photo? ... yphoto/215
17 sidelights in the pope.
17 sideights in my reconstruction and in the builder plan.
Would you insist on the point that builder plan is wrong and Garlicdesigns's is correct?

16 sidelights NONE at the place with him. Is it here your "reality"?

To heuhen,
Of course I will not draw in your scale. That's a real waste of time for me. I reconstruct ships. That's my hobbie - not a profession. And I DO agree with you that bbuilder plans are a mistake. The ships were other. But not SO OTHER as with Garlicdesign.

I have pointed him on "Leon Gambettas" mistake - a huge crane - different on all 3 ships and none coinciding with what he drawn.
A huge 10 metres detal. That's a fiction - his "Leon Gambetta"

And I did not pointed him in sidelghts. Because I figure it up that's difficult to draw them for that scale. Sidelights are also different in all 3 "Leon Gambettas" and also placed as he like in his drawing - nothing real. His "Ernest Renan" - a fatal mistake. Stucks "walk" on the drawing with the "step" 6-7 metres. About which reality do you speak...?

Still sincerely yours)

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: more French destroyersPosted: February 9th, 2013, 1:29 pm
Dima, I have in front of me now photographs of Volta taken in August 1939 and August 1941 from the book I mentioned in my previous post, I also have in front of me another photo of Volta in circa 1938-39 in 'Conway's All the World's Fighting Ships 1922-1946'. An all three photos the portholes match exactly with GD's plan. The only photo I can find at home of Mogador unfortunately is the port-side in Whitely.
However, I agree other photographs of Mogador on the internet do show the porthole layout on the offical plan you've posted.

I have closely compared your plan and GD's drawing you've posted above.
My conclusions;
1) Since Garlicdesign's Mogador Class drawing is of Volta the portholes are correct. Your plan is of Mogador, obviously the two ships differ and if Garlicdesign chooses to draw Mogador then indeed the portholes would need changing.
2) I agree that the aft funnel is too far aft by 6 pixels, as are the searchlights ahead of the funnel which equates to 3 feet at this scale.
3) I agree the hull is 2 pixels too short (probably at the bow overhang)
4) I agree some errors in the forward superstructure, the front of the bridge wing is 5 pixels too short, the front of the bridge is 4 pixels short, the front of the 37mm bandstand ahead of the bridge is 6 pixels short, B gun is too far aft, the front of the deckhouse below is 5 pixels short and A gun is four pixels short and the main turrets are probably too big.
5) A few other errors of 1 pixel but that isn't too important at this scale.
6) We haven't seen the plan Garlicdesign has used, so in his defence if he's working from a particular plan any inaccuracies in it would be transferred to his drawing without him realising it.
7) The above plan you've posted should allow GD to do the neccessdary modifications if he desires, BUT, unless you can find a plan of Volta then we can't be sure those errors are real or not as we don't know what other changes there are between Mogador and Volta in dimensions of bridge wings etc. We can be sure that Volta was completed to different standards to the offical plan for Mogador becuase the porthole layouts are different.
8) I still think Garlicdesign has done a good peice of work with the sources available.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
BrockPaine
Post subject: Re: more French destroyersPosted: February 9th, 2013, 4:56 pm
Hood wrote:
8) I still think Garlicdesign has done a good peice of work with the sources available.
Eyup!

[Profile] [Quote]
MihoshiK
Post subject: Re: more French destroyersPosted: February 9th, 2013, 5:50 pm
Garlicdesign has done an absolute bang-up job, and this sniping from the sidelines is not a good way to go about getting anyone to actually change their drawing.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 4 of 10  [ 91 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 610 »

Jump to: