Moderator: Community Manager
[Locked] [*]  Page 1 of 5  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: February 6th, 2012, 6:12 am
-edit-

Last edited by bezobrazov on March 3rd, 2012, 9:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.

[Profile]
Zephyr
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: February 6th, 2012, 6:14 am
I have always loved the look of the old USN cruisers. They had a certain elegant grace about them.

[Profile]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: February 6th, 2012, 6:24 am
Looking good! Funny that you posted it quite literally as soon as I PMed you asking if I could draw it!

I think you've done an excellent job getting BrockPaine's already-superb drawing up to standard. I'd love to see the later refits as well.

All in all, great work!

[Profile]
Clonecommander6454
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: February 6th, 2012, 7:51 am
Here comes the awesome Northampton, but will you have Augusta while serving in the Asiatic Fleet?

[Profile]
sepperson
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: February 6th, 2012, 7:54 am
Looking forward to a late war Louisville and Augusta, will you be doing those too?

[Profile]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: February 6th, 2012, 9:49 am
After rejecting the orginal drawing twice or so from uploading, its nice to starting it to get into its rigths as the ship deserves.
There are still, some issues remainging that should be taken care of...
1. the shaddowing with darkest possible grey against the ligthest and whitest one doesen't look anything related to shaddow. I suggest toning the shade down notch or three.
2. The aftermost firecontroll device... irregular collection of overlapsing pixels and dark grey without black outlines simply is not SB...
3. There are few odd black pixel rods that looks really more like slips of the mouse-arm than supportive rigs to overhangs, that they propably supposed to present. Underneath the front mast's observation position is most importan part for remaking... the mainmast's searchligth platform's supports needs attention as well.

Remember, that in Shipbucket style, the idea is to drawn everything on neat pixel art. Sometimes with objects smaller than the 0.15m range can be trouplesome to drawn into anything reasembling the actuall thing... and too often artists (expecially new artists) falls into the trap by just tossing huge ammount of black and dark grey upon them, like they would be doing a painting in order to capture some sort of "impression" out of the object. SB is not painting, its drawing. The skill comes to play when drawing things smaller than the scale; when its time to overexxagerate or when its time to simply leaving out the feature?
It took me about 2 years to get rid of the same mistakes presented in my post, so nothing deeply and conserningly wrong here... Just keep up the good work, and we can make this ship a one hell of a drawing.

[Profile]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: February 6th, 2012, 1:43 pm
-edit-

Last edited by bezobrazov on March 3rd, 2012, 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: February 6th, 2012, 2:56 pm
[ img ]

[Profile]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: February 6th, 2012, 3:06 pm
-edit-

Last edited by bezobrazov on March 3rd, 2012, 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile]
BrockPaine
Post subject: Re: Northampton-Class Heavy Cruisers: America's Tinclads!Posted: February 6th, 2012, 6:48 pm
bezobrazov wrote:
Once, a couple of years ago, a member of Shipbucket, who, alas, nowadays only briefly and occasionally visits Shipbucket...
Actually, I browse the forum several times a day, it's just that I don't log in automatically on that computer.

Thanks for finishing this, it looks nice. I can take at last this off my "Things I ought to finish but lack time to finish" list! :)

[Profile]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Locked]  Page 1 of 5  [ 45 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: