Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 
Rodondo
Post subject: "Bamboo Naga" Laos's first SB vesselPosted: January 19th, 2012, 12:17 am
Right, I know I should have done some other ship instead of this crumb but it is from a nation not represented in SB. In early December I had the privilege of chartering this vessel and her crew of 3 to take our group of 12 from the town of Nong Kiaow up the Nam Ou river to a small river beach in the beautiful kaarst landscapes. The skipper was a nice fellow and we also used the boat to hop from the end of our 3 day trek back to Nong Kiaow. Being a river boat, she had a ridiculous draught of roughly 10" (until we put our packs in :lol: )

[ img ]

Anyway, enjoy this very small contribution from me! (I may have a second Laotian contribution up by Feb)

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Bombhead
Post subject: Re: "Bamboo Naga" Laos's first SB vesselPosted: January 19th, 2012, 12:31 am
Wow that sounds like a good adventure Rodondo.Smart little drawing I keep looking for Rambo on deck with an RPG 7 :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: "Bamboo Naga" Laos's first SB vesselPosted: January 19th, 2012, 12:44 am
[ img ]
I gave up on the RPG

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: "Bamboo Naga" Laos's first SB vesselPosted: January 23rd, 2012, 10:51 pm
Thanks Bombhead, it was a spectacular trip!

:lol: Thiel I think the back-blast from a RPG would rock the poor girl quite badly1

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Rusel
Post subject: Re: "Bamboo Naga" Laos's first SB vesselPosted: January 24th, 2012, 7:56 am
Hey Rodondo
This little beauty brings back memories for me too.
I took my two eldest down the Mekong in '98. My boy had just finished his uni and my daughter her HSC. My boy had spent year 11 on exchange in Thailand so we started out trekking around Thailand and working our way north to the golden triangle. Crossed over to Lao and boarded a river boat about 1/2 as long again. My boy spoke very good thai so we got to sit on the roof of the wheelhouse as we went downstream for three days. The rapids were fun from up there.
Great to see one of the little workhorses that make the world go round.
Thanks

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: "Bamboo Naga" Laos's first SB vesselPosted: January 26th, 2012, 10:27 pm
I'm glad it did bring back memories. Your trip sounds very similar to mine except I did it in reverse! Unfortunately now you can't sit upon most of the riverboat roofs as we tried(must be new regulations). The rapids would have been marvelous except we were going upriver! :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
Rusel
Post subject: Re: "Bamboo Naga" Laos's first SB vesselPosted: January 27th, 2012, 11:24 am
I'll take a wander through the old photo albums and see if there are any decent boat shots and send copies to you

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: "Bamboo Naga" Laos's first SB vesselPosted: January 30th, 2012, 3:23 am
Thanks, hopefully I can make a few more for a rather unrepresented folder in SB

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs”

Jump to: