Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 26 of 242  [ 2416 posts ]  Go to page « 124 25 26 27 28242 »
klagldsf
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: May 15th, 2011, 7:24 pm
Is this one of those German merchant cruisers as war reparations? Or was there a very common pan-European design? The lines look extremely similar.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: May 15th, 2011, 10:21 pm
klagldsf wrote:
Is this one of those German merchant cruisers as war reparations? Or was there a very common pan-European design? The lines look extremely similar.
In fact none of the German "merchant cruisers" (raiders) survived the war apart from Togo (former Coronel or - Schiff 14) and the former Schiff 5 which was originally built as Glengarry and was returned to her owners post war, ans was finally scrapped in 1970 or 1971. The Togo led a more varied life which after the war was ceded to the USA and then transfered to Norway as Svalbard. After some more changes of names and flags she was lastly named Topeka and sunk in 1984 after grounding, so none of the former German ships ended in Dutch service. This ship could have been a wartime standard design.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
Carnac
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: May 15th, 2011, 10:59 pm
[ img ]

Yay, progress. Still unfinished (~65% done)

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: May 16th, 2011, 12:09 pm
Novice wrote:
klagldsf wrote:
In fact none of the German "merchant cruisers" (raiders) survived the war apart from Togo (former Coronel or - Schiff 14) and the former Schiff 5 which was originally built as Glengarry and was returned to her owners post war, ans was finally scrapped in 1970 or 1971. The Togo led a more varied life which after the war was ceded to the USA and then transfered to Norway as Svalbard. After some more changes of names and flags she was lastly named Topeka and sunk in 1984 after grounding, so none of the former German ships ended in Dutch service. This ship could have been a wartime standard design.
This was the sistership of the Atlantis and Pinguin. She and a sister went To Russian and The Netherlands

[Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: May 16th, 2011, 12:17 pm
Thanks Kim!!
Attachment:
MS ridderkerk.png
Attachment:
SS Neumark.png

[Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: May 16th, 2011, 12:18 pm
Carnac wrote:
[ img ]

Yay, progress. Still unfinished (~65% done)
Looks great!

[Quote]
Mitchell van Os
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: May 16th, 2011, 1:12 pm
Somebody should do both TESO ships (Texel-Den Helder)

Embarked on: HNLMS Karel Doorman A833
To do list:
-Zeven Provincien class cruiser
-Joint support ship all sides
-F124 Sachsen class frigate
-F125 Baden-Württemberg class frigate
-Clemencau class aircraft carrier
-Zeven provincien class frigate
-Poolster class AOR
-Amsterdam class AOR
-Minas Gerais aircraft carrier

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: May 16th, 2011, 2:03 pm
ah I might be able to help the one who does those.... if I'm correct I have the plans somewhere for one of the waddenzee ferrys. I'll be doing the westerschelde ones, though..... well at least those I can find plans for (only 1 found until now.... is that one on my worklist already? have to check fast :P )

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: May 16th, 2011, 2:17 pm
WhyMe wrote:
Thanks Kim! I like passenger ships of this size as well. Can you tell? ;)

Anyway, here's something else: Polish cruise ship Batory, built in Italy in 1935.
[ img ]

Sorry I missed this one! I love her! May I do the Polish merchant ship Batory the former Dutch one from 1960s/1970s?

[Quote]
Carnac
Post subject: Re: Merchant ShipsPosted: May 16th, 2011, 2:24 pm
I've always liked the look of the cranes from that general era.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 26 of 242  [ 2416 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 124 25 26 27 28242 »

Jump to: