Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 5  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: April 15th, 2011, 11:20 pm
Oh, Tim, it doesn't matter, dear old boy! I was just teasing you. I think, on a personal note that either way looks fine, though I preffer the launcher 'bare'. But, again, we all have different tastes as to our preferrement, and I respect yours. I admire your consistency and persistency though! ;) :lol:

[Profile] [Quote]
erik_t
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: April 16th, 2011, 12:36 am
This is a fantastic drawing. Congratulations on again reminding us that the bar creeps ever upward.

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: April 16th, 2011, 2:45 am
erik_t, thank you very much for your most gracious compliments! Let me remind you that it's the singular attitude in giving constructive critique that inspire us all to take these leaps forward. And you, erik_t is one of those with a vast knowledge and a pleasant way to give your critique!

Now, may I ask if anyone has an intention to do the F67-class destroyers (Tourville, DuGuay-Trouin and De Grasse)? I would very much like to draw them also, if possible!

[Profile] [Quote]
Weisman
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: April 16th, 2011, 9:13 am
Very good drawing. Congratulations! ;) :D

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: April 16th, 2011, 9:20 am
A true masterpiece. This is one of the best looking French postwar ships and you've made it look even better.
The bar has been raised with this drawing, no doubt. A very fine piece of work. 10/10!

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: April 16th, 2011, 10:07 am
I think I can speak for BRock too, when I declare that I'm totally blushing! :oops: Thanks for all your kind words. That's a lot of encouragement for the future!

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: April 16th, 2011, 10:24 am
I think Novice wanted to do those. Not sure though. Aside from Aconit, Cold War french warships really isn't my area.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Novice
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: April 16th, 2011, 10:05 pm
bezobrazov
You go ahead and do the F-67 type frigates. If we want them represented as they deserve, that you go right ahead.

"Never fear to try on something new. Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the Ark by an amateur"

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: April 17th, 2011, 3:42 am
Thank you very much Novice! I feel that I am greatly inspired by the several elations and compliments showered over Brock's and mine combined effort here. I'll try my best to do the class the justice it deserves!

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: Suffren-class DDGs - Late VersionsPosted: April 18th, 2011, 9:12 pm
In the introduction to these ships I erronenously stated that the Duquesne (D603) was still in commission. Sadly that's not the case. After having been refitted as a Midships' man training ship (Navire d'Ecole des Cadets) she joined her sister in the reserve and, in 2009 was stricken altoghether with that fearsome act of having her name and pennant numbers painted over, and, like her sister earlier, was reduced to a breakwater, with all weapons removed, radar suite and electronics too unshipped; merely a ghost hulk of past glorious heydays.

Anyhow, though some may think I'm posting these pictures in the completely wrong order, not having yet introduced the class as they appeared before an admiring nautical world in 1970, I give you now the last appearance of the Duquesne, before being reduced into a hulk:

[ img ]

Last edited by bezobrazov on April 18th, 2011, 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 5  [ 50 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: