Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 5  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Hood
Post subject: Re: British Armoured Cruisers: Duke of Edinburgh-ClassPosted: March 5th, 2011, 11:14 am
Great work, a very impressive drawing.

The forward booms should be three-pixels wide (black-brown-black) like the boom under the forward side turret.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
eltf177
Post subject: Re: British Armoured Cruisers: Duke of Edinburgh-ClassPosted: March 5th, 2011, 12:38 pm
As a huge Armored Cruiser fan many thanks for these. :D

Hopefully we'll see Warrior sometime?:roll:

[Profile] [Quote]
acelanceloet
Post subject: Re: British Armoured Cruisers: Duke of Edinburgh-ClassPosted: March 5th, 2011, 12:43 pm
eltf177 wrote:
As a huge Armored Cruiser fan many thanks for these. :D

Hopefully we'll see Warrior sometime?:roll:
which warrior you mean?

[Profile] [Quote]
Lazer_one
Post subject: Re: British Armoured Cruisers: Duke of Edinburgh-ClassPosted: March 5th, 2011, 1:45 pm
some style details shuold be fixed as written by Hood but it is definetely an awesome work.

Lazer_One's Worlist - Updated 2021

Documentation is always welcome here

Lazer_One's Blog

[Profile] [Quote]
Portsmouth Bill
Post subject: Re: British Armoured Cruisers: Duke of Edinburgh-ClassPosted: March 5th, 2011, 6:56 pm
This is really a most excellent drawing - my congratulations sir :D Other comments aside, if I may add some points?:

Lower hull, I would stick with standard Shipbucket colour, and I also stick with Colosseums standards on shading.

Shading: on funnels turret faces etc. I would encourage the use of light from the bows aft; so therefore a lighter shade than the standard upper works on the forward facing areas, and a darker shade (than standard) on all aft facing surfaces, the way you are indicating this looks a bit confusing. Also, one pixel width for undershading, and not three as I see here

The ladders up the foremast look wrong, narrowing down from wider than standard into thick lines.

On the gun tubes, you are showing a yellow tip? I would band this with a black line

Ships emblems, jacks, flags, these need to be sorted on all our drawings. Cut and paste is not correct as it spoils otherwise excellent drawings. The Black Prince badge looks far to large and fuzzy, but you are sorting that.

But this is a terrific drawing, and again, well done

[Profile] [Quote]
eltf177
Post subject: Re: British Armoured Cruisers: Duke of Edinburgh-ClassPosted: March 5th, 2011, 9:05 pm
acelanceloet wrote:
which warrior you mean?
The follow-on class.

[Profile] [Quote]
BrockPaine
Post subject: Re: British Armoured Cruisers: Duke of Edinburgh-ClassPosted: March 5th, 2011, 11:08 pm
IIEEEEE It so pretty! :shock:

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: British Armoured Cruisers: Duke of Edinburgh-ClassPosted: March 6th, 2011, 5:28 am
Thank you all so much for your most gracious and generous tributes! And especially Brockpaine; I loved your reaction! 8-) ;) :D :lol: Since I'm busy the whole weekened and won't be able to quickly respond to any viewpoints or opinions, I'll carefully consider all your kind suggestions for improvement. I hope by Monday I can post a revised version, before moving on to the wartime versions and eventually (yes eltf177!) the Warrior-Class!

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: British Armoured Cruisers: Duke of Edinburgh-ClassPosted: March 7th, 2011, 2:10 pm
I've updated the image. I found some of the advice quite useful and have attempted to follow those. Others I didn't quite understand and therefore let alone, at least till I've received some clarifications. I did, indeed find a set of much better searchlights which I've added, and they do give the ship a much improved appearance. I also raised the midships sl-platform level with the aft one! I don't know I could've missed the unequal level there! I also modified the WE some to better, I hope, confirm to the selective tastes at SB. I removed the crest. I agree with WhyMe (although he, being a true gentleman, never was explicit about it!): it was just a plain disaster! I might still conjure myself up to work on it, and then I'll re-attach it, but for now it's off! I also have atempted to make the propeller more "bronzed" as I think these ships, so much more than our modern ones, are more appropriately styled with such details. Anyway, see what you think, and till then, or while you do that I'll also post the Black Prince in her final guise...

[Profile] [Quote]
Thiel
Post subject: Re: British Armoured Cruisers: Duke of Edinburgh-ClassPosted: March 7th, 2011, 2:18 pm
Solid black lumps should be avoided as much as possible, so the legs and horizontal brace on the seach light platforms should also be three pixel wide.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 5  [ 42 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Jump to: