Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Insect Class Fleet TendersPosted: February 20th, 2015, 9:17 pm
Thank you Ad!

Added A216 Bee and A272 Scarab.

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
adenandy
Post subject: Re: Insect Class Fleet TendersPosted: February 21st, 2015, 3:20 am
I completely concur with Hood. Its great to see some of the RNs unsung hero's making an appearance. VERY well done :!:

Please keep up the good work, and I very much look forward to seeing the rest of the class :P

Once again, WELL DONE :!:

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Insect Class Fleet TendersPosted: February 22nd, 2015, 2:41 am
I have just completed the final 4 tenders! Cicala, Cricket, Gnat, and Ladybird are now all on the first page.
All 7 of these little ships are now definitely my #1 Favorite Ship (and class, for that matter), beating out even the BB-35 Texas!

Now I'm off searching for the modern day Insect Class. I've already done the Scan Scarab and I have found the ex-Cockchafer Fyne Spirit (which is almost too ugly for me to draw :( ), the Bee (which is still named Bee) and the ex-Cicala St. Cicala, so those three are on my list.

Thank you for all the comments!

I am not very active on the forums anymore, but work is still being done on my AUs. Visit the Salidan Altiverse Page on the SB Wiki for more information. All current work is being done on Google Docs.
If anyone wishes for their nations to interact with the countries of the Salidan Altiverse, please send me a PM, after which we can further discuss through email.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Insect Class Fleet TendersPosted: February 23rd, 2015, 1:15 am
With many thanks to Adenandy, all of the ships have been updated with their respective Coat of Arms!

Up next, I plan on drawing the RMAS' 79' Fleet Tenders, including the Aberdovey Class, the Clovelly Class, the Dive Tenders, the Loyal Class, and the Manly Class.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rusel
Post subject: Re: Insect Class Fleet TendersPosted: February 23rd, 2015, 2:42 am
Ezgo
I believe it's HMS Cicada, not Cicala.
I have Green Grocers singing outside my window at present, noisy beggars!

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Insect Class Fleet TendersPosted: February 23rd, 2015, 3:22 am
Hi Rusel,
Thank you for your input, but it is in fact Cicala. It is still called Cicala today, albeit with a prefix of 'St.'

[Profile] [Quote]
signal
Post subject: Re: Insect Class Fleet TendersPosted: February 23rd, 2015, 12:12 pm
These are great illustrations. What did these ships do? They
look like U.S. Coast Guard (Marker) Buoy Tenders, but the title
Fleet Tenders may mean something else entirely.

[Profile] [Quote]
ezgo394
Post subject: Re: Insect Class Fleet TendersPosted: February 23rd, 2015, 6:25 pm
Hi, Signal
These ships were essentially larger versions of a ship's tender. The Scarab was purpose built differently for it's role as a buoy tender, but the other 6 ships were used to ferry out stores, armaments, and even people out to ships anchored in the harbor. As far as I know, the Ladybird and the Cicala were Armaments carriers, and they had a strengthened hull to accommodate the fragile nature of their cargo. The other 4 ships left were probably mainly General Stores carriers (based on what I have not found).
The name fleet tender essentially replaces 'ship' with fleet (as in it doesn't serve a lone ship, but rather the whole fleet). That's what I have been able to gather.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rusel
Post subject: Re: Insect Class Fleet TendersPosted: February 23rd, 2015, 9:51 pm
Ah yes, cross ref'd using a US text, damn!
They spelled it Cicada because they thought the RN made a mistake.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2

Jump to: