Moderator: Community Manager
[Post Reply] [*]  Page 3 of 4  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: UK JKN Class DestroyersPosted: February 15th, 2015, 12:04 pm
Krakatoa wrote:
That is excellent work Rodondo.

Only one small comment, HMAS Norman, on the flip side one of the boats should be a motor boat. With the later photos I saw, there was two of each, one of each on each side.

I have not found my RAN/RNZN navy books yet (from last weeks house move) so I can't put up a photo for you.
Aft port crane I'm guessing think I saw a pic that might have that somewhere on flickr

"Loitering on the High Seas" (Named after the good ship Rodondo)

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: UK JKN Class DestroyersPosted: February 15th, 2015, 12:14 pm
I have the Ross Gillett RAN/RNZN 1914-45 book somewhere, as soon as I find it, (if you don't already have it?) I will post the photos from there with the profiles in the reference section or by PM.

[Profile] [Quote]
Wizard
Post subject: Re: UK JKN Class DestroyersPosted: February 15th, 2015, 12:36 pm
:D What superb work on the Aussie Ns. :D

[Profile] [Quote]
smurf
Post subject: Re: UK JKN Class DestroyersPosted: February 15th, 2015, 5:58 pm
Quote:
Rodondo said I'm assuming the Galley funnel was the long one going around the Starboard side of the funnel which on the N' exited out the top of the Funnel with other outlets as shown in this pic of HMAS Nizam?
Yes. The tall outlet in your picture of HMAS Nizam is the galley funnel. Not only does it exit out of the top of the funnel, it is inside the main funnel casing.
Early Js of the JKN class ships had the galley funnel outside the main funnel casing on the starboard side and up the outside of the main funnel at its rear. That was changed at the behest of the DNC, Sir Stanley Goodall. He strongly disliked the look of it, and may have had other reasons.
See my earlier post to Krakatoa Feb 10, 9.38pm. He has removed the internal galley funnel exit from his original drawing, which now (almost) correctly shows Javelin in her original state. 'Almost' because the external galley funnel was straight and did not bend back at the top.
pm me your e-mail address if you want photos but I'm confident you won't find a starboard view of an N with an external galley funnel.

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: UK JKN Class DestroyersPosted: February 15th, 2015, 7:56 pm
Updated the crest (COA) to the real one, thanks to Kim for his help. (any mistakes are mine)

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: UK JKN Class DestroyersPosted: February 15th, 2015, 9:53 pm
I'll send you my email address in a minute, shouldn't be too hard to arrange a patch to fix all 16

There's no such thing as "nothing left to draw" If you can down 10 pints and draw, you're doing alright by my standards

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: UK JKN Class DestroyersPosted: February 17th, 2015, 11:52 am
Funnel's adjusted as per Smurf's great insight, still trying to find a good pic of the motorboat on the port side, so still a WIP (Yet to do the 1945 RN service versions due to uncertainty over the colour)

[ img ]

[Profile] [Quote]
Krakatoa
Post subject: Re: UK JKN Class DestroyersPosted: February 17th, 2015, 12:14 pm
Don't forget that Napier being a Leader has the larger aft accommodation as per that scan I sent you.

[Profile] [Quote]
Rodondo
Post subject: Re: UK JKN Class DestroyersPosted: February 17th, 2015, 11:08 pm
Ah, indeed Krakatoa, I'll edit that in

[Profile] [Quote]
Hood
Post subject: Re: UK JKN Class DestroyersPosted: February 18th, 2015, 8:39 am
Very nice progress.

Super-Darings
Never-Were British Aircraft

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 3 of 4  [ 34 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 4 »

Jump to: