Thiel
Post subject: Re: USS ArizonaPosted: January 12th, 2011, 2:05 am
You've forgotten to credit yourself.

Worklist

Source Materiel is always welcome.

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: USS ArizonaPosted: January 12th, 2011, 2:55 pm
Thank-you guys!!!! Soom follow more ships. I've updated the ship!

[Quote]
Gollevainen
Post subject: Re: USS ArizonaPosted: January 12th, 2011, 3:12 pm
this is nicely done. Perhaps changes to see it in more standardised color scheme?

[Profile] [Quote]
bezobrazov
Post subject: Re: USS ArizonaPosted: January 12th, 2011, 3:22 pm
One eenie teeny wee detail: since the Arizona is purported to be depicted on exactly that infamous Sunday morning, dec. 7, 1941 and since the ComBatDiv1 Rear-Admiral isaac C. Kidd was actually present, onboard his flagship, USS Arizona, his command pennant should properly be flown at the topmast, thus denoting him as Senior Officer Afloat (Adm. Husband E. Kimmel's flagship, Arizona's sister,Pennsylvania being drydocked, his flag being flown from ford Island Naval Station.) Otherwise a marvelous image.Hopefully we'll see the Keystone State battlewagon (Pennsylvania) in her Thirties configuration as well!

[Profile] [Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: USS ArizonaPosted: January 12th, 2011, 3:31 pm
I'm willing to here in 30ties style aswell.

[Quote]
ALVAMA
Post subject: Re: USS ArizonaPosted: January 12th, 2011, 5:15 pm
Attachment:
BB-Arizona1930s.png

[Quote]
BrockPaine
Post subject: Re: USS ArizonaPosted: January 12th, 2011, 5:31 pm
Nifty-swifty!

[Profile] [Quote]
sepperson
Post subject: Re: USS ArizonaPosted: January 12th, 2011, 6:14 pm
Beautifully done. Is there one more update coming, the ships boats are missing. Also, on December 7, the Kingfishers were at Ford Island. So if anyone wants to show her at that exact moment, remove the aircraft.

Well done!!!

[Profile] [Quote]
Canine99
Post subject: Re: USS ArizonaPosted: February 3rd, 2011, 5:27 pm
I want to compliment you on you fantastic drawing of the USS Arizona on December 7, 1941. I am a military wargamer and miniature painter and have been painting up 1/2400 scale miniatures of the US Battleship Fleet at Pearl Harbor for use in some fictional wargames pitting the US Battleships vs projected Japanese battleships that may have fought if the air attack had not occurred. I have been struggling with the proper color of the MS 1 US camouflage scheme stated for the Arizona and other battleships at Pearl. The MS 1 scheme asked for a 5-D dark gray on all vertical and horizontal surfaces below the height of stacks with wood decks left unpainted and 5-L Light Gray on all surfaces above the height of the stack. It was difficult to determine or confirm just how dark the 5-D dark gray should be. I did purchase the White Ensign enamel paint from Snyder and Short that is labeled as 5-D Dark Gray and applied it to my miniature but always questioned if the color was too dark. Your drawing has confirmed that the 5-D enamel paint is correct. I breath a sigh of relief.

[Profile] [Quote]
Colosseum
Post subject: Re: USS ArizonaPosted: February 3rd, 2011, 7:31 pm
Quote:
Your drawing has confirmed that the 5-D enamel paint is correct. I breath a sigh of relief.
I wouldn't use Shipbucket drawings to confirm that different shades of paint are correct. Unless ALVAMA has taken the colors from my Alaska drawing (in which I very painstakingly found the proper colors, etc), I'm pretty positive he just eyeballed a shade and went with it.

[Profile] [Quote]
Display: Sort by: Direction:
[Post Reply]  Page 2 of 3  [ 21 posts ]  Return to “Real Designs” | Go to page « 1 2 3 »

Jump to: